Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"SUSTAINABILITY"

One of the most important ideas of the 21st century is this notion of sustainability. This simply refers to any effort or process of living that attempts to both meet the needs of today without sacrificing what will be needed for tomorrow. In other words it is an attempt to conduct oneself in such a way that you not only utilize just what you need, but also attempt to leave plenty for others future needs. From a Spiritual perspective sustainability in many ways is facilitated by pouring out or emptying oneself in one way or another. For example if I am concerned about the sustainability of my love, in order to ensure that it lasts beyond today I would have to give my love away to another. Likewise in the Kingdom of God in order to truly be rich, we must give away what we have. In order for the local church to be sustained the community of believers must give liberally to that cause. I am completely in favor of the idea that we should not just "use liberally" everything that is at our disposal, however, I do concurrently recognize that a large part of my sustenance as God's creation comes directly from my Creator. In that respect it behooves each of us to recognize that the One who my Pastor often describes as Inexhaustible, is well able to ensure that we are not only sustained for today, but are useful for His purposes in the earth tomorrow.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment