Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Manicured Lifestyle...

Manicure: to trim closely and evenly

Often when I sit for a manicure, I relish in the "me" time and get lost in being pampered. Although I love getting my nails done, there is a portion of the manicure process that I always scrutinize. The filing and buffing process is not something  I sleep through because I don't want my nails too short where I lose dexterity, or too long, where they snag on everything.  During the filing and buffing process, I usually cringe at the raking sound of the file as it shapes and forms the perfect rounded square fingernail. On many occasions, I hold my breath, as the discarded nail filings fly into the air in powdery clouds of white dust.  Somehow this less than desirable portion of the manicure is quickly overshadowed by the end result.  Without it,  I wouldn't walk out of the salon with healthy, shiny and colorful fingernails.

Certainly going through hard times in life is much like a refining manicure. The abrasive nature of life's difficult moments, buffs and  softens many of the rough edges in our character. This is a process that can only  be perfected by the skilled hands of our Creator.  If we have fewer rough edges, we will not easily snag, offend or be offended by others. We will also be less likely to have foreign, negative or purpose-draining attachments and expectations.

Let's begin (or continue) to not only envision but apprehend the next level in God. This is definitely not the time for resting in an established place. Agitation is not always negative. It can also be a strong push into deeper, greater and  unshakable communication with the Lord, that produces good success!
Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment