Monday, January 12, 2015

No Further Delay!

This morning I was heading to work and discovered that I had locked my keys in the car.  As I stared through the driver's side window, I saw that my extra set of keys were lying on the passenger seat of my vehicle, further complicating the morning.  With both sets of keys locked firmly inside the vehicle, I began to quickly scan through all of my options and lamented over the minutes lost while problem solving.  It was at the height of my brainstorming, that I noticed that the driver's side door was not completely closed.  I grabbed a few random items handy in the garage in an attempt to physically pry open the door; all to no avail.  

I knew that I could make a quick call to my insurance company and ask them to send a technician out to my home to open the door at no cost to me, but this option would place me too far behind schedule for today.  Just as soon as I resigned myself to exercise what appeared to be my last and only remaining option, the Lord reminded me that I had a few wire hangers in my laundry room and prompted me to try just one more time to unlock the door myself.   

Having retrieved one wire hanger obtained from the dry cleaners, I re-shaped the hook and made a few attempts (of varying shapes) to unlock the door.  Having unsuccessfully reshaped the hanger, I finally went back to utilizing the original hook of the hanger and was able to pull up, release the lock and open the door!  Eureka!  

I quickly said, "thank you Jesus," hopped in the car and was off to work with a looming deadline and a full day of tasks ahead.  Just before arrival, the Spirit of the Lord began to minister to me about exactly what had just occurred, back in my garage.  Because I am no more special that any of you, I feel compelled to share this bit of encouragement with you today.  Although I was seemingly locked out by my own fault, error and oversight, God allowed there to be just enough space for Him to utilize the unconventional thing to gain access and open the door so that I would have no further delay! 

Listen, you may have accidentally or maybe even purposely locked yourself out of some vehicles meant to carry you to your destined place. But now is a great time to begin to seek the Lord about the unconventional tools that you already have (in your possession) to access, open, and walk through any locked doors to get everything God has promised you without any further delay.  The next part of this great illumination is that although there are many logical resources and people that you can call upon that will not "charge" you anything for their help or services, the Lord does not want anyone to be able to say that they had a hand in doing this particular thing for you.  These doors will open only by the work that God Himself does through you, for you... with no further delay!  

1 comment:

  1. This just ministered to me ...how I can use the uncommon things in my life to use it for God's glory. Even the little things I think is of no value to anyone else! Thanks you for this BLOG!!!

    ReplyDelete